These days, natural beauty enhancement is sought after by men and women of all ages. If you’re looking to rejuvenate your complexion or combat thinning hair,
PRP injection therapy may be just what you need. A procedure that is picking up steam among athletes and celebrities alike, PRP has been used to treat injures and rejuvenate skin and hair.
Having struggled with a weakened hamstring since the start of 2020, Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones looked to PRP Injection Therapy to help accelerate the speed and improve the quality of his healing process. Similarly, golf legend Tiger Woods also depended on PRP as part of his recovery process from ACL surgery back in 2008.
PRP injection therapy has made a name for itself in cosmetics as well. Thanks to its impressive aesthetic results and minimal downtime, the method has been used by A-list celebrities like Kim Kardashian and model Bar Refaeli as part of their beauty routine to maintain a youthful glow and complexion.
What Is PRP Injection Therapy?
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) injection therapy is a technique that uses the body’s own platelets to naturally aid in repairing tissue damage. The process involves taking a small amount of blood and running it through a centrifuge in order to concentrate the platelets, which are then injected directly into the targeted tissue. A fantastic way to naturally stimulate collagen production, cell renewal, and tissue regeneration, this method succeeds in using each individual patient’s own healing system to improve specific tissues. PRP is commonly sought after as a method to naturally help repair damage to tissues, improve the look and feel of skin, and combat thinning hair in men and women.
Is PRP Injection Therapy Safe?
Yes! Since PRP is derived from the client’s own blood, there is no danger of the body having an adverse reaction. It’s possible that a person may experience slight irritation for a short time after treatment, however, recovery time is very minimal and in fact, most people resume regular activity immediately following treatment.
As with any sort of procedure, PRP injection therapy must be executed safely and professionally. That’s why it’s crucial to inform yourself on best practices and conduct thorough research in order to choose a reputable clinic with good credentials to achieve the best results, safely.
How to Choose a Reputable Clinic
It’s important to do your research and learn about the clinic before starting PRP injection therapy.
Read reviews from previous clients:
- You can often find candid testimonials on clinic websites, social media pages, or Google My Business pages.
Look for social proof:
- Clinics often share before and after photos of their past procedures. You can find these by searching for social posts where their clinic name is tagged, look up keywords like #PRPprocedure to search for before and after photos, and take a look at clinic websites.
Browse websites to learn more about the clinic and their team:
- Look for key information such as:
- How experienced is the team?
- What type of equipment do they use? Is it new or outdated?
- Does the clinic or its physicians have any awards or distinctions?
- Do they write informative articles about PRP and try to educate their current and potential clients?
- Read information about the procedure and after-care.
Be sure to book a consultation prior to your procedure. It’s important to talk to the team beforehand and meet the person who will be performing the procedure. Key topics to cover with them include:
- Their experience.
- The type of equipment they use and why they use it.
- What to expect during and after the procedure.
- Any concerns you may have.
At Brampton Cosmetic Surgery Center & Medical Spa, we’re well-versed in the safe practices necessary for a successful PRP procedure free of complications. We use only industry-leading technology approved by Health Canada, designed to deliver the best results to our clients through the safest methods. Equipped with world-renowned technology like Clarion’s World PRP system, complete with the V2 injector gun, our expert team has the knowledge and experience to deliver successful PRP injection therapy in a safe and sterile environment, every time.
View this post on Instagram
- The Best Summer Skin Care Tips Under the Sun - July 14, 2021
- Is PRP Injection Therapy Safe? - June 15, 2021
- Keeping Fresh Faced with New ZO Skin Health! - April 7, 2021
- Dealing with Mask Acne aka ‘Maskne’? Here’s How You Can Prevent It - February 1, 2021
- Happy Holidays from The Brampton Cosmetic Team! - December 15, 2020