Butt enhancement is becoming increasingly popular, as more and more people are getting implants or undergoing a Brazilian butt lift procedure. If you’re thinking about butt augmentation, it helps to understand the pros and cons of each option.
Like breast implants, butt implants are made from silicone. Your cosmetic surgeon will help you determine the best size and make an incision to insert them. Your butt will be larger, firmer, and perkier.
A Brazilian butt lift is a fat transfer procedure. Your cosmetic surgeon will take fat from your thighs, abdomen, or lower back to inject into each buttock. Not only will your butt be shapelier, but the areas that lose fat will be contoured.
The results will change the way you look and feel, so we understand that choosing to undergo either procedure is difficult. We’ve put together the pros and cons of each option to help you make this challenging choice.
Butt Implants – Pros and Cons
Advantages of silicone butt implant surgery:
- Implants can be almost any size, as long as insertion is safe
- Procedure is possible if you don’t have enough fat for a fat transfer
- You can be an outpatient, meaning you won’t have to stay overnight at the clinic
Disadvantages of silicone implants:
- Implants can become hard and look deformed over time
- Incision is large, resulting in a scar that is usually noticeable
- Ruptures can occur by not following the surgeon’s instructions about how and when you can sit
Many candidates choose implants when they don’t have enough fat to make a Brazilian butt lift worthwhile. As long as the cosmetic surgeon can safely insert the implant, your buttocks can become the size you want.
Positive factors like these are reasons why butt implants are becoming more popular. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), cosmetic clinics in the United States performed almost twice as many butt implant procedures in 2014 than 2013!
Brazilian Butt Lifts – Pros and Cons
Advantages of Brazilian butt lift procedures:
- No incision means no scaring – the procedure is done with needles
- Fat is taken from surrounding areas, meaning the procedure also acts as minor liposuction
- Does not require additional operations for further enhancement
Disadvantages of Brazilian butt lifts:
- Fluids can build up after, so you need to wear a compression garment
- Size is restricted, as only a certain amount of fat survives once being removed from the body
The absence of scaring draws many people to Brazilian butt lifts. There aren’t any incisions – the cosmetic surgeon will put fat into each buttock through a series of small injections.
This makes your butt stand out because there will be more fat in its upper and middle areas. There will also be less fat in the thighs, abdomen and lower back, should the surgeon decide to take it from these areas.
But if you don’t have enough fat for the surgeon to take and inject, you may not achieve the appearance you want. Because of this, the surgeon may recommend putting on a few pounds after recovering.
For example, if you’re prone to gaining weight in your legs, the leg fat that’s now in your butt will have the same characteristics and become larger.
Understanding these pros and cons is a starting point for choosing between butt implants and a Brazilian butt lift. Before making a decision, talk to a cosmetic surgeon and surgical consultant about which option is best for your body.
>> The Brampton Cosmetic Surgery Center and Medical Spa has served the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) since 1994, and safely performs many Brazilian butt lift procedures each year. Contact us today to learn more.
Like this post? Check out: