COVID-19 Updates and Measures
COVID-19 has changed our lives, the way we work, and how we conduct business. At Brampton Cosmetic we consider our clients as part of our extended family and their health and safety are our top priority.
This page serves as a guide on the measures we have implemented and precautions our clients should be taking to control the spread of COVID-19.
Hours of Operation
On June 3rd we opened our office in line with recommendations from local governments and health professionals. Our office will be open three days a week (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday) from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
Visiting the Office
The following guidelines will be in place for clients visiting our office:
- Only patients with appointments will be seen and there will be no walk-ins
- Patients should arrive on time for appointments and not bring any guests with them
- Patients should call our office when they are in the parking lot and we will let them know when it’s ok to enter the office
- Patients will be required to wear a mask. If they do not have a mask, one will be provided to them at a cost of $5.00 (this fee is not intended for profit but to limit the overconsumption of valuable medical supply)
- Patients will be asked to confirm their health when booking an appointment and when it is confirmed.
- Some of Dr. Sleightholm’s appointments will not take place at the office and his patients will be seen virtually or by telephone
COVID-19 Consent Form
The signing of a COVID-19 consent form will be mandatory for clients visiting the office. The form asks clients to verify if they have experienced any of the following symptoms:
- Difficulty Breathing
- Muscle Aches
- Sore Throat
- Runny Nose
- Travel Within the Last 14 Days
- Is Anyone Sick in Your Household
- Have You Tested Positive for COVID-19?
You should stay home and seek medical assistance if you have any of the above signs/symptoms. If you have an appointment and exhibit any of these symptoms, are not feeling well, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please stay home. We will reschedule your appointment without any fee.
Cancellation Policy: Please allow 2 business days to cancel/reschedule an appointment. Last-minute cancellations/no shows will be billed fees of $55-$95.
When placing orders, clients should follow these steps:
- Clients should call ahead and place their orders which will be prepared for easy pickup
- Clients have the option of receiving their orders in the office or at the door
- We prefer payment via e-transfer, however, debit/Visa/Mastercard will also be accepted
- It is recommended that clients place their orders via email or DM us on Instagram or Facebook, but our phone lines will also be open
- If you need to discuss your skin health products, please book an appointment
Health and Safety Measures Implemented
Here at Brampton Cosmetic, we have always adhered to the most significant hygiene standards and practices. We think it’s imperative that our high standards are in place for the health and safety of our patients and staff.
We’ve always maintained the same surgical and safety standards as a hospital, but now we’ve upped our health and safety even more so patients can be assured they are being treated in the safest possible environment.
Here is what we are doing to ensure you remain safe:
- Plexiglass screens have been set up at the reception
- The schedule has been modified limiting the number of clients in the office at one time
- Temperatures will be taken of all clients visiting the office
- All clients will be asked to wear a mask and wash their hands
- Staff will be provided appropriate PPE gear
- Upon entry Sanitizer will be available for patients to use
- Social distancing will be observed in the waiting room and around the office
- While we have close relationships with our clients, at this time we will limit socializing to conversations on the telephone
- Single-use medical supplies will be used
- There will be no books/magazines anywhere in the office
- We will disinfect all surfaces in between clients
- Brampton Cosmetic has always used clean air exchangers and continues to do so
We recommend that our clients observe social distancing and other guidelines recommended by local governments and health professionals.
People infected with COVID-19 may exhibit little to no symptoms that are similar to a cold or flu.
Symptoms have included:
- Difficulty Breathing
- Pneumonia in Both Lungs
In severe cases, the infection can lead to death.
After exposure to COVID-19, symptoms may take up to 14 days to appear and the virus can be transmitted to others from someone not showing symptoms.
Learn more about COVID-19 symptoms here.
COVID-19 spreads from an infected person through respiratory droplets generated when you cough or sneeze, closed prolonged personal contact, and touching something with the virus on it and then touching your nose, mouth, or eyes before washing your hands.
The Government of Canada outlines preventive measures we should take to prevent the spread of the virus. These include social distancing, wearing face masks, cleaning surfaces, and maintaining personal hygiene.
More details on preventive measures are available here and you can take a self-assessment if you are unsure about your health.
How to Properly Wash Your Hands
To stop the spread of COVID-19 it is essential to wash our hands properly.
- Wet hands with warm water
- Apply soap
- For at least 20 seconds, make sure to wash:
- Palm and back of each hand
- Between fingers
- Under nails
- Rinse well
- Dry hands well with a paper towel
- Turn off tap using a paper towel
Several awareness resources are available on the Government of Canada’s website and can be viewed here.
Together we can overcome this difficult time and come out of it better and stronger.