You’re excited about your new look after cosmetic surgery. How do you make sure that newfound self-confidence stays with you?
Cosmetic surgery is an investment of time and energy. You’ve already put the effort into choosing a qualified cosmetic surgeon, undergoing the procedure, and scheduling recovery time.
But your investment doesn’t end when you go back to your normal routine. You must follow a healthy lifestyle after your procedure to maintain and maximize the results for years to come.
In a recent article, The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery lists three tips for maintaining and enhancing your results after cosmetic surgery:
1. Eat Healthy and Exercise Regularly
Surgical lifting, body contouring, and fat removal procedures can transform your body shape. But these results only last if you maintain a healthy weight. Although you may need to take some time off your regular exercise routine during recovery, you can start by eating a healthy diet. Once it’s safe to reintroduce physical activities, develop a workout regimen you can stick to. These lifestyle changes are critical to improving your overall health and keeping the new look you love.
2. Take Care of Your Skin (It Makes a Big Difference!)
Taking care of your skin properly after a surgical procedure will help it heal properly and reduce scarring. This means following all of your surgeon’s aftercare instructions, which may include postoperative activity restrictions and protecting your incisions from the sun. Use only topical scar care creams and ointments (like those from Oxygenetics) that have been recommended by your doctor. After recovery, the right medical-grade products can help you maintain and enhance your results, especially for facial procedures.
3. Develop Healthy Habits
Be honest with your surgeon about your lifestyle habits, such as your tobacco use, alcohol consumption and even what supplements or vitamins you use. What you put in and on your body impacts your surgical results and your overall health.
Read the full article ‘Top 3 Tips for Maintaining Your Cosmetic Surgery Results’ on the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery Blog.
Ultimately, it is possible to keep that feeling of confidence and enjoyment in your new look, even years after your cosmetic surgery. The key is to maintain a healthy lifestyle by exercising, eating healthy, and being mindful about what you put in and on your body.
The Brampton Cosmetic Surgery and Medical Spa performs surgical cosmetic procedures that exceed clients’ expectations. We serve Brampton, Mississauga, and the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). Contact us to book your consultation today!
- What to Expect Before and After Cosmetic Surgery at Brampton Cosmetic Surgery and Medical Spa
- 6 Tips for Maintaining Your Liposuction Results
- What to Expect After a Tummy Tuck Surgery
- Dr. Sleightholm Travels to Europe to Attend an expert2expert Course and Visit Teoxane’s Geneva Headquarters - March 4, 2019
- Merry Christmas from Brampton Cosmetic! - December 13, 2018
- Introducing Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy - October 17, 2018
- Dermarolling vs. Medical Microneedling: What’s the Difference? - September 21, 2018
- Visiting Our Clinic Soon? Here’s What You Need to Know about Getting Here and Parking during Construction! - August 8, 2018