Having children and becoming a mother is a joy for many women, but getting their pre-baby body back can be a frustrating challenge. A Mommy Makeover addresses common concerns – including loose skin and stretch marks – to give any mom a body she can be confident in. Is a Mommy Makeover the right choice for you?
We’ve put this guide together to help you decide if and when a Mommy Makeover might be best for you:
What is a Mommy Makeover?
A Mommy Makeover combines two or more cosmetic procedures to restore your pre-baby body and address a range of issues including stretch marks, stubborn fat deposits, decreased muscle tone, and sagging breasts. Mommy Makeovers typically target areas like the breasts, tummy, and butt.
- Breast Augmentation: A breast augmentation enhances your shape by increasing the size of your breasts using saline or silicone implants.
- Breast Lift: A breast lift elevates sagging breasts, removing loose skin to give your breasts a more youthful contour.
Keep in mind that a breast augmentation and a breast lift often complement each other. Your cosmetic surgeon might recommend having both done depending on the problems you’re looking to correct.
- Tummy Tuck: A tummy tuck gets rid of excess skin and tightens abdominal muscles to give you a flatter, firmer midsection.
- Liposuction: Liposuction is the targeted removal of stubborn, isolated fat deposits around your abdomen, hips, thighs, and other areas.
Remember that neither a tummy tuck nor liposuction – together or on their own – are weight loss solutions. Having already reached or neared a goal weight, patients will ideally be looking to rid themselves of those last few stubborn pounds.
What results can a Mommy Makeover help you achieve? Browse our before and after gallery to find out!
How Long Will it Take to Recover After a Mommy Makeover?
Your recovery expectations will depend on the procedures you choose to have done. You should be prepared to spend a few days relaxing at home and take between one and four weeks off work. You’ll need to wait longer – between two and six weeks – to resume more strenuous physical activities. Your cosmetic surgeon might advise you to wear a compression garment or support bra for up to six weeks after your procedure.
During your pre-procedure consultations, your cosmetic surgeon will walk you through post-operative recovery guidelines. It’s crucial to follow your surgeon’s advice to ensure the best results.
How Do I Know If a Mommy Makeover is Right For Me?
The reality is that there’s no perfect age for a Mommy Makeover. What’s right for someone else might not be right for you, as different women choose to have children at different times, and pregnancy affects women’s bodies in unique ways.
If you’re considering a Mommy Makeover, keep in mind that:
- Future pregnancies might impact results, so it’s often better to undergo a Mommy Makeover after you’re done having children.
- You need to wait until after your body has recovered from pregnancy and breastfeeding. Most cosmetic surgeons will advise waiting at least six months. Especially if your children are still young, make sure you have care set up while you’re healing.
- The ideal time to consider a Mommy Makeover is when you’ve reached or come close to your goal weight. None of the procedures are weight loss solutions, and future weight fluctuations might impact results.
Ultimately, the “right” age for a Mommy Makeover is when you’re ready for it – whether you’re 20, 50, or any age in between. The most important thing is that, whatever procedures you choose, you’re happy with your body now and for years to come.
Is a Mommy Makeover on your mind? At Brampton Cosmetic, we specialize in a range of body-shaping procedures including breast augmentations, breast lifts, tummy tucks, and liposuction. Contact us today to schedule a consultation!
- 5 Things You Need to Know About Breast Augmentations
- Liposuction vs. Tummy Tuck: Which is Right for Me?
- What to Expect After a Breast Reduction
- Keeping Fresh Faced with New ZO Skin Health! - April 7, 2021
- Dealing with Mask Acne aka ‘Maskne’? Here’s How You Can Prevent It - February 1, 2021
- Happy Holidays from The Brampton Cosmetic Team! - December 15, 2020
- COVID-19 UPDATE: We Remain Committed to The Safety of Our Clients and Team - November 11, 2020
- Liposuction vs. Tummy Tuck: Which is Right for Me? - July 1, 2020