The pandemic has changed our way of life and in this new reality, wearing a face mask has become an essential part of our daily routine. Having to wear face masks can cause friction, pressure, rubbing, and trapped moisture/bacteria that can lead to flare-ups of acne around the mouth and nose.
If you’ve noticed breakouts that occur after wearing a mask, you’re not alone. Mask acne has become so common that it is often referred to as “maskne” and since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, Google searches for these terms have increased drastically.
If you’re struggling to deal with maskne, we’ve got you covered!
The first thing you should be doing is selecting the right face mask to wear. It’s recommended to use a face mask that offers protection and allows the skin to breathe a bit. Remember that you have to keep your mask clean and wash it often so that oil and dirt aren’t being reapplied to your face.
After selecting the face mask, the next step is to have a skincare routine that tackles the maskne problem head-on. Brampton Cosmetic offers ZO Skin Health’s Maskne Kits that are the perfect solution to those pesky face mask breakouts. This is a fantastic kit and contains everything you need to prevent maskne.
Here’s everything that’s included:
- 1 Marena® Reusable, Antibacterial Face Mask in black: The fabric face mask contains Silvadur™ antibacterial protection to guard the face, nose and mouth of the user and their environment. It provides a physical barrier to help protect against larger respiratory droplets, germ particles, and splashes.
- ZO® embossed facial headband
- ZO® Skin Health Instant Pore Refiner: This is a great product to control pore size and oil production
- ZO® Full-Size Complexion Clearing Masque: You should be using this 2-3 times per week or to spot treat breakouts
- ZO® Skin Health Complexion Renewal Pads
- ZO® Skin Health Gentle Cleaner
- ZO® Skin Health Exfoliating Polish
- EHC Hand Sanitizer Spray
- Cosmetic Bag
Wearing a face mask is still a must, and will be for the foreseeable future, so taking extra care of your skin is essential to keeping it clean and clear!
- Dealing with Mask Acne aka ‘Maskne’? Here’s How You Can Prevent It - February 1, 2021
- Happy Holidays from The Brampton Cosmetic Team! - December 15, 2020
- COVID-19 UPDATE: We Remain Committed to The Safety of Our Clients and Team - November 11, 2020
- Liposuction vs. Tummy Tuck: Which is Right for Me? - July 1, 2020
- COVID-19 Update: Our Office Is Open and We Can’t Wait to See You - June 1, 2020