Skin is the largest organ in your body and taking care of it is important – and not just because of looks! Your skin helps protect you from germs and viruses, keeps your body temperature even, and keeps harmful substances out. We’ve identified these key facial skincare tips to help keep you feeling and looking healthy!
1. Keep your skin clean.
- Cleanse your skin with a cleanser and lukewarm water.
- Don’t scrub too hard, or you’ll potentially cause micro-tears that can cause inflammation, irritation, and redness. Try a chemical exfoliant like the ZO Enzymatic Peel to remove dead skin and promote skin renewal instead.
- Clean makeup brushes regularly—every two weeks should do it!
2. Eat a healthy diet.
The best way to keep your skin healthy is by eating a balanced diet.
- Avoid fried foods, junk food, and alcohol.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables with antioxidants to protect your skin.
- Eat fish and other healthy proteins with omega-3 fatty acids to maintain skin health.
- Drink plenty of water to maintain skin elasticity.
3. Limit exposure to sunlight and UV rays if possible.
Limiting your exposure to sunlight and UV rays and wearing sun protection is one of the best ways to keep your skin healthy, prevent skin cancer, and early signs of aging.
The sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays can damage the skin and cause burns and peeling. They also can cause wrinkles, age spots, and skin cancer.
Regardless of your skin type or skin concern, always wear sunscreen! Even if it’s cloudy outside or if your indoors as UV rays can come in through windows. Sun exposure causes free radical damage that contributes largely to premature aging and certain types of cancer (like basal cell carcinoma).
Sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of 30 or higher can help protect your skin from UVA & UVB. If you have sensitive skin or do not like chemical sunscreens, you can choose a mineral sunscreen that won’t irritate the skin. Try the powdered mineral SPF Sunforgettable® Total Protection™ Brush-On Shield from Colorscience, the only powder sunscreen recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation for active use.
4. Use high-quality skincare products made for your skin type.
Make sure that you’re using high-quality skincare products that are made for your skin type. When it comes to your skincare routine, don’t buy a product just because of its name or packaging. Products should be tailored to your skin type, so if you have oily skin, use a gentle cleanser and toner that won’t strip the natural oils in your skin. If you have dry skin, choose products specifically designed for dryness.
If you’re concerned about aging signs like fine lines and wrinkles, look for anti-aging products targeted to those concerns. They can help reduce the appearance of fine lines while keeping your skin hydrated and protected with SPF.
If you are concerned with signs of aging, acne, hyperpigmentation, keratosis, or rough skin, consider adding a product with retinoids or retinol (a chemical derivative of Vitamin A) to your routine. Retinoids and retinol are shown to reduce wrinkles and fine lines, improve production of collagen and help treat acne. Just be sure not to apply these products too much and start with applications weekly or every other day. You should also take extra care to apply sunscreen when using retinol or retinoid as it can cause sensitivity to sunlight.
Skincare at Brampton Cosmetic Surgery Center & Medical Spa
We all want healthy skin, but it can be tricky to find the right routine, products and procedures that work for you and your skin type. Following these suggested tips is a great start for those looking to improve their skin health.
If you are looking for luxurious medical spa procedures or skincare and beauty products that work effectively and are targeted to your skin concerns and skin type, Brampton Cosmetic Surgery Center and Medical Spa can help. We offer free consultations to discuss your skin concerns, skin type, and what products, and procedures might work for you. Reach out to our team and we’d be more than happy to discuss our non-surgical procedures and products for healthy, gorgeous skin.
Sign-Up For Our Newsletter For New Promotions
Be sure to sign-up for our newsletter to get the latest news and promotions. Stay tuned for October’s upcoming promotion!
- Brampton Cosmetic’s Skincare & Beauty Holiday Gift Guide 2023 - November 22, 2023
- Microneedling & Beauty Booster Treatments to Target Some of The Most Difficult Skin Concerns - November 3, 2023
- Winter Skin Care Tips & Essentials for Winter Skin Care Problems - November 1, 2023
- National Skincare Awareness Month: How Brampton Cosmetic Surgery Center & Medical Spa Can Revitalize Your Skin - September 22, 2023
- Get Smart About Your Skincare with Higher Education Products - August 16, 2023